Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello World

Hello out there, I’m David Maynard Jr. I’ve been told by my wife over and over for the last few months to make a blog. She goes on like:

“David you need a blog so you can keep people up to date on what you are doing.”

“David you need a website so you can keep people up to date on what you are doing.”

“Muffin Butt, you need a blog and website so you can keep people up to date on what you are doing.”

So I just look at here and tell her make me a fan page if you want. See I’ve done the blog thing before. Not my cup of tea. First off I never know what to talk about and I feel so egotistical for thinking that anyone would give two shits about what I have to say. Secondly I tend to, not have time for a blog. It may be I forget and never update, or just don’t update for some time and let it just sit. Trust me, type my name into google and search the annals of the internet and you’ll find a half a dozen blogs that I have started and never finished or kept up on. So that’s my list of reason… Well other then the fact I have such a shitty education that my spelling is horrific (keep this in mind). An Eastern Kentucky education is bad enough, a Martin County education is worse. So when it comes to typing up a blog, most of the time I like to do it fast. While the words are fresh in my mind, don’t think it over and post that sumbitch. See to me, and this could just be justifying laziness, I have no chance to censer myself this way. See if I do a blog I want my true self to be known. Like right now, I am thinking out each word as I type it into the word processor, where I may read back over it, correct errors and post it to the blog.
So, um, yeah.


I guess your starting to wonder why I have broken down to make this blog. Well something has come to my attention in the last year or so. That is people do care what I have to say, in a fictional sense. I’m a writer. Now recollect on the part I told you to keep in mind, now have a good laugh and let’s move on. I have a short story in one book. First Time Dead 2 (published by May December Publication ). My story is called Rude Awakening. Shockingly enough it has been getting some good reviews on this short little story and not just from friends and family. Strangers, people I don’t even know like my little story. So I hope to do more and not just short stories, but full length novels.

Also I do a podcast called Among the Dead. Now this is something I have been doing for a few years now off and on. It’s more of a hobby that people really enjoy. I write and voice act the zombie drama podcast. People from all over the world have contacted me and told me that they love it. And honestly it’s the fans that keep that one alive. That is also what keeps me from posting at time. I don’t want to disappoint. I don’t want to toss them another zombie clone.

So, here is the thing people like my fiction and I love that. I didn’t get by in school on looks or brains. I got by in school, because of no child left behind. Yet, the few times I was given a chance to show people what my imagination could do, teachers and peers alike enjoyed. I hope to do this for the rest of my life. I hope you will follow along-- Hell I hope there is something to follow along with. So if for some reason you want to be kept up to date on what I am doing, you found the spot. I’ll do my best to maintain this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment